Exciting news! Our Basingstoke office has received a ‘Good’ CQC Rating!
Abicare are proud to announce that our Basingstoke office has received a ‘Good’ CQC Rating!
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. One of their main areas is to monitor, rate and inspect services.
How did we achieve our ‘Good’ CQC Rating?
The CQC inspection at our Basingstoke office was based upon those clients who received personal care- Their findings showed that there were sufficient, suitable staff to provide care to clients, and that medication was properly and safely managed by trained staff.
During their inspection they spoke to three clients who used the service and three relatives about their experience of the care provided. They also spoke to members of staff including the registered manager, locality manager, care services operations manager and three care staff.
The main points to come out of the inspection are as follows:
- Carers treated clients with kindness and respect- Clients were supported to express their views about their care, their wishes, privacy and dignity were respected.
- Clients received a personalised care package that was responsive to their needs and preferences.
- There was a positive culture- Extra management had been put in place, enabling staff to feel well supported in their role.
- Staff were organised into two hubs- each hub was led by a supervisor and key worker, promoting continuity in staffing.
- The needs and choices of the client were assessed prior to the provision of their care. Male carers are only assigned to provide care to clients who did not mind being allocated a male carer.
- During their induction and update training, carers learnt about human rights principles and equality and diversity.
- Carers are encouraged to undertake further professional qualifications.
- Carers felt that there was a strong and supportive management team who were approachable and friendly.
- Carers ensured that care plans reflected the abilities and strengths of the client- identifying what they could do for themselves.
- The views and experiences of Abicare’s staff were encouraged so that this information could be used in the Butterfly Bulletin. Staff also received reward and recognition through the Butterfly Awards.
- Their observations also found that the clients they had spoken to were happy with their carers and the level of care they were receiving:
- Clients felt that their carers are properly trained- one client said “Yes, they are very experienced ladies.”
- When asked if their carers treated them well one client said “Yes, they are absolutely lovely.”
- Clients were made to feel that they mattered to the carers and that they demonstrated concern for their wellbeing.
- Carers were provided with the necessary information about the personal histories of their clients- what was important to them and what might concern them.
- Carers had the training, time and support required to provide compassionate care.
- Clients felt they received a good service, which enabled them to continue living in their own home. This is, of course, Abicare’s ethos!
What does it mean to have a good CQC rating?
The CQC carry out inspections on health and social care services to ensure that they are providing people with safe, effective, compassionate, high quality care. Once a service has been registered with the CQC they monitor it continuously. The information that they gather, which includes the views of the public, helps them decide when, where and what to inspect.
Having a ‘Good’ CQC rating shows that we deliver a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led service to our clients, that we are supportive of our staff and that we actively encourage the personal development and wellbeing of all our staff.
Link to report:
You can find a full detailed report of our CQC inspection by clicking on the following link:
What our management think about the ‘Good’ CQC rating:
“I would like to say that we are delighted to have achieved a ‘Good’ rating- this reflects the hard work that all our staff put in to ensuring our clients are looked after safely. We believe in providing care to the highest standards, and our ‘Good’ rating highlights the changes that have been made and how excellent our staff are” – Georgina Waite – Locality Manager
“The entire Basingstoke team worked incredibly hard to turn this office around and achieve the ‘Good’ rating from CQC. We are over the moon with this and it just goes to show what fantastic carers, office staff, Supervisors and Managers we have in Basingstoke. Each member of the team contributed to us receiving this rating and we are so thankful to have such a dedicated team. Outstanding next time!” – Becky Randall – Registered Manager
“We have had some challenges with our care provision in Basingstoke. When you have a close knit group of carers who work well together this transforms a care team and enables them to deliver a good service. Unless you deliver care you will have little understanding of the stresses and strains a team encounters on a daily basis. Carers are incredible people who devote their lives to caring for others. Having this recognised by CQC is a major achievement. Well done to the Basingstoke office, and as Becky said – Outstanding next time!” – Anne-Marie Perry – Director
Sign up to receive our blogs!
Enter your email below to receive our blog articles and keep up to date with us and what’s going on