You bring the kindness: we teach you how to give great care
Do something amazing today. Start one of Abicare’s many care assistant jobs or live-in care jobs in the UK. With your kindness and Abicare’s training, you can make a difference every day you go to work.
When you become a carer, you help a vulnerable person stay in the safety and comfort of their own home, the place where their most precious memories were made. From live-in care jobs to home care and Abicare head office roles, search our current vacancies today and join the Abicare family.
Why work for Abicare?
At Abicare, we know you don’t become a care expert overnight. We start you off with an online training programme you can complete from your own home, but we don’t stop there. You’ll complete two to six days of industry-standard training to get your care certificate. If you are new to care, you will shadow one of our experienced carers. As you learn the skills you need on the job, you will have extra training courses for your development and online training throughout the year.
Although you will be getting the job done on your own, you will be connected with your team and your manager to ensure you always feel a part of the Abicare community. We want to help you become the best carer you can be. Here are a few more great reasons to work for Abicare:
Competitive pay rates
- Pensions, holiday pay, sick pay and bonuses.
- An enhanced rate on Bank Holidays.
- Paid planned travel time, at the rate of national living wage, or mileage paid at 25p per mile.
- For live-in care jobs, get paid accommodation throughout your free training.
- For visiting care jobs, get paid while you train.
- A range of employment options, from flexible hours and one-week packages to permanent placements.
- Tag in-and-out of jobs using our app so you get paid for all the hours you work.
The training and support you need
- Free carer training and care certificate.
- Shadowing schemes to help you learn from experienced carers.
- Online training you can do from the comfort of your own home.
- Opportunities to upskill with ongoing training offers and funding for external courses.
- Continued support from your team and manager, from regular catch ups to chat groups with other carers nearby.
- Discount cards to use online or in high street shops.
- Vouchers and certificates for our monthly Butterfly Awards winners.
- Vouchers for our company quiz winners.
- Team social events so you know the Abicare family around you.
- Free online courses on wellbeing and much more.
Explore 2 care jobs we’re recruiting for now
up to £2,600 per 4 weeks placement
£10-£10.50 per hour + travel time and 25p per mile
What does a carer do?
What does a care assistant do?
Care assistant jobs – also known as home care or domiciliary care jobs – are where you provide visiting care to people in the community. This usually involves helping someone with everyday tasks and personal care.
What does a live-in carer do?
Live-in carers live within the home of the person who needs care. You help clients with everyday tasks, personal care, housework and provide companionship from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed, with regular breaks and time off.
- Personal care: bathing, dressing, help going to the toilet and supervision of medicine.
- Bedtime and morning routines: help with getting up and getting ready for bed.
- Food preparation and help at meal-times.
- Light housework: laundry, cooking, and cleaning.
- Companionship and social interaction.
- Social activities: visits to clubs and to see friends and family.
- Errands: shopping and collecting prescriptions.
- Occasional help at night: any regular night-time care clients have two carers or visiting carer support.
Read more about what our live-in care jobs and care assistant jobs include in our current job listings.
What skills do I need to be a carer?
- People skills.
- Good written skills for updating care records.
The rest we can teach you and Abicare will pay you to learn. Take a look at our current jobs for more details on what a care job involves.
What our carers say
Working for Abicare has changed my life! A supportive company who are friendly, helpful and understanding.
– Carer, Bradford-on-Avon
It’s a brilliant place to gain more experience and expand my knowledge. I would recommend it to anyone.
– Carer, Swindon
It’s such a brilliant team to work for and we always have a great laugh.
– Community Team Supervisor, Swindon
The trainer I had was amazing – Michelle shared so many interesting stories of her own experiences.
-Inga, Live-in care
They really believe in you and offer training at every level.
l completed my training and l loved every moment of it. Leonie was very warm and friendly throughout my training, and l am so excited to start with Abicare.
Ellen Chigora, Live-in carer