The Importance of Self Isolation
If you need to self-isolate staying at home may be difficult and frustrating, but there are things that you can do to help make it easier. These include:
· Plan ahead and think about what you will need in order to be able to stay at home.
· Make Abicare aware of your situation so that we can ensure that your calls are covered.·
Talk to Abicare to get access to the things you will need to make your stay at home a success.
· Think about and plan how you can get access to food and other supplies such as medications that you will need during this period.
· Ask friends or family to drop off anything you need or order supplies online, but make sure these are left outside your home for you to collect.
· Make sure that you keep in touch with friends, family and your colleagues over the phone or through social media.
· Think about things you can do during your time at home. People who have successfully completed a period of staying at home have kept themselves busy with activities such as cooking, reading, online learning and watching films.
· Many people find it helpful to plan out the full 14 days, such as on a make-shift calendar. You may also find it helpful to plan in advance what you will do if, for example, someone in the household were to feel much worse, such as have difficulties breathing.
· When you are feeling better, remember that physical exercise can be good for your wellbeing. Look for online classes or courses that can help you take light exercise in your home.
Sign up to receive our blogs!
Enter your email below to receive our blog articles and keep up to date with us and what’s going on