Interested in working in the UK as a Live-in carer?
Well with Abicare you can.
Abicare offers flexibility – You can still live at home in Greece, but have the opportunity to come and work in the UK as a Live-in carer on a flexible basis*
Every carer that joins us is immediately part of the Abicare family and the carers that we have recruited from overseas throughout the years are no exception.
We are proud to have a diverse range of carers with different and varied backgrounds and we are passionate about making sure that we continue to recruit carers from all walks of life.
Whether you have experience of providing domiciliary care or if you’re an experienced Live-in carer, we’d love to hear from you.
If you lack professional experience but have cared for a family member or loved one, you should still apply. You will receive full training, shadowing and dedicated support from our senior carers and managers.
Why join Abicare?
Abicare is a leading provider of Live-in care across England and South Wales, with a wealth of experience in delivering person-centred care. As a Live-in carer you will be on hand to give our client and their loved ones reassurance and peace of mind, allowing the client to stay in their own home for as long as possible, in familiar surroundings.
When you join Abicare as a Live-in carer, you become part of the Abicare Family – receiving free training, a free Care Certificate qualification, and career development opportunities, to name but a few! We have been quick to adapt to the Covid19 crisis from offering online training to issuing new safety policies and a strong supply of PPE – the safety of our Carers and our Clients is paramount to us.
What we offer!
When you join Abicare you will receive a huge amount of benefits, including:
- Daily rates of £83 – £114 or 4 weekly rates of £2324 – £3200.
- Welcome bonus of £400.*
- Refer a friend bonus £200.*
- We will pay you to attend our 3-day training course and reimburse the cost of travel and accommodation up to £300.
- Sick pay and company pension scheme.
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro rata).
- Discounted online and retail shopping.
- Paid 4 weekly pay or a weekly payment.
- Travel expenses reimbursed when travelling to client’s home.
- Food provided whilst living with the client.
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes).
- A free Care Certificate qualification.
- Free online training using Relias, our e-learning training system, with over 200 free courses to choose from.
- Continued support from your team and manager.
- Regular team meetings and social events.
- Access to wellbeing programs.
- 24/7 on call emergency support network.
Recruitment for Greek carers
When you make your initial enquiry to become a Live-in carer, you will start your recruitment process with us:
- Donna Vitsaxaki, Our recruitment coordinator in Greece, will give you a call for an initial telephone interview.
- You will then be sent an application form via email for you to complete.
- Donna will do the follow-up video interview with you, via Google Meet.
- If you have been successful we will request that you send us a reference, your DBS and Right to Work documentation, and any other paperwork that we may require.
- You will then fly over to the UK, and you will be booked onto either our online training or a 3-day classroom training with one of our Abicare trainers.
- Once you have completed your training we will arrange your Care Package for you!
What our carers say
I got in touch with my amazing recruiter Donna, with whom I’ve worked with in the past and is a person I totally trust. Donna spoke to me about Abicare and I said I’m in! After completing all the paperwork and training I accepted a placement. I’m happy in my placement. I feel very well supported, firstly by my manager who has been there for me for anything and everything, and then from the company that listens to its carers and solves issues ASAP. It couldn’t have been better!
– Stamatoula Sourlatzi, Live-in carer from Greece
Donna helped me join Abicare about three months ago and I’m so pleased that I am a Live-in carer with Abicare! They have a number of amazing managers who are supportive and dedicate a lot of their time to listen to my needs and give me the answers that I need! So far, I’m very happy to have joined Abicare and I’m grateful for the opportunity that I’ve been given to work with them. I would recommend Abicare to whomever is interested in starting or continuing a career in the caring industry, as there are many opportunities available.
– Kristina Andoni, Live-in carer from Greece