Field Care Supervisor - Pontypool
Role: Field Care Supervisor (Full-time)
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Do you have a passion for working within the care sector? Do you have experience in supervising and motivating staff? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a Field Care Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising live-in care workers and ensuring that the best care is delivered to our clients in the community. You will be part of the client’s care journey being their first point of contact for the client, the client’s family and the carer whilst working.
- Salary £20,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on experience
- Paid on-call allowance with use of IPAD
- Free classroom training
- Free online training
- Ongoing training and career development
- Regular and continued support from your manager and team
- 24/7 on-call emergency support network
- Pensions, holiday pay, sick pay and bonuses
- An enhanced rate on Bank Holidays
- Paid planned travel time and mileage
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Refer a Friend Scheme *
Your key role:
- Meet with new clients and build relationships with the clients to ensure that the chosen carer matches the client’s needs. You will have comprehensive knowledge of where your clients are in their care journey
- Carry out full Risk Assessments, person-centred outcome-based Care Plan and hospital passport for each new client and ensure a copy is in the client’s home and in the online in-tray
- Follow and be aware of CQC and LA guidelines on Safeguarding Processes Comply and ensure the carers follow and comply with Abicare’s policies and procedures
- Introduce and be actively involved with the Live-in carer changeovers, either personally or through the Senior Carer/PA
- Telephone monitoring with your carers within 72 hours of arriving in post
- Visit clients and carers monthly to carry out check visits and direct observations and ensure relevant paperwork is completed and filed
- Work collaboratively with your manager to develop and motivate your team of care staff, working closely with them and providing support and ensuring update training is arranged when required
- Complete Live-in carer rotas 4 weeks ahead using the company roster system
- Daily meetings with your Locality Manager to give feedback on client risk assessments, client issues, staff supervisions and staff issues and ensure all client paperwork is filed securely
- Work with the carer to support and enrich the client’s day to day living discussing and planning with the client’s family if appropriate possible social experiences, outings and activities
- Be part of internal and external case management meetings regarding your client and carer
You will be given the training and support to embark on this rewarding role. You will enjoy travelling in the community visiting your carers and clients, supporting your team and being part of the ‘on-call out of hours' support.
You should have:
- Previous experience of supervising and managing small teams
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Experience in carrying out Risk Assessments and Care Planning
- Sound knowledge ‘person-centred’ care
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 3
- The commitment and dedication to make a difference to the lives of the client
- Knowledge of staff rostering systems and excellent IT skills
If we sound like your kind of team, and you want to follow your passion-apply today, we'd love you to join us!
Sign up to receive our blogs!
Enter your email below to receive our blog articles and keep up to date with us and what’s going on