Care Assistant - Abergavenny (Driving Licence Essential)
This role comes with a £200 Welcome Bonus - how would you spend yours?
£8.80 to £9.23 per hour with bank holiday enhancements plus length of service increments.
At Abicare we pride ourselves on offering the best rates and comprehensive benefits scheme:
- £200 Welcome Bonus
- £200 Refer a Friend Bonus
- 25p paid per mile and paid travel time
- Generous hourly pay rates (starting from £8.80 to £9.23 per hour with bank holiday enhancements) plus length of service increments
- Sick pay and company pension scheme
- Steady income with an ability to increase your hours and salary
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro-rata)
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free Care Certificate qualification
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- Care Assistant smartphone app to manage your daily tasks and pay
- 24/7 on call emergency support network
- Regular team meetings and social events
- Discounted online and retail shopping
We are looking for
- No previous formal experience or care qualifications, all training will be provided and if you have previously worked in a Care Home we can fast track your training
- Willingness to learn and undertake training (classroom and online) in care including the use of customer moving & handling equipment
- An understanding of what good care looks like
- Healthcare assistants who will be naturally kind and caring, wanting to make a difference to our customer’s lives
- Strong written and communication skills
- Individuals that are able to work remotely and as part of a wider care Team
- A calm attitude and the ability to think logically when under pressure
- The ability to prepare simple meals and follow good standards of hygiene
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, must be able to work alternate weekends and at least 2 weekday evenings per week
Abicare is a leading provider of Homecare across South Wales, Wiltshire, Avon and Hampshire with a wealth of experience in delivering person-centred care. Our core values are our people and delivering the best care we can every day to our customers. Our belief is that everyone should have the choice to live a happy and fulfilled life in their own homes.
We recruit both experienced Support Workers and Care Assistants alongside non-experienced Carers and tailor the training to your individual needs and work background to allow for an immediate start.
In light of the current Covid 19 epidemic you may be searching for roles as a fruit picker, delivery driver at Amazon, work from home positions or a job in a supermarket such as Tesco or Asda. We don't need people with prior experience as we know that people with a good heart and a positive attitude make wonderful Carers. You may have worked in retail or hospitality and be looking for a rewarding new career, at Abicare we can give you the training to start your new career and give all our new Carers ongoing support from our Management Team and our experienced team of Carers.
At Abicare we have been quick to adapt to the Covid 19 crisis from issuing new safety policies to a strong supply of PPE, the safety of our Carers and our customers is paramount to us.
All our Home Care Carers must have access to their own car with a valid driving licence and business insurance.
Contact us today to find out how you can be part of the ABICARE team!
Sign up to receive our blogs!
Enter your email below to receive our blog articles and keep up to date with us and what’s going on