Live in Carer
Abicare is a leading provider of Live-In care across Oxfordshire, West Berkshire, Sussex, Dorset, South Wales, Wiltshire and Hampshire with a wealth of experience in delivering person-centred care. Our core values are our people and delivering the best care we can every day to our clients. Our belief is that everyone should have the choice to live a happy and fulfilled life in their own homes.
For our Live-In Carer role, we recruit experienced Live-In Carers, Support Workers and Care Assistants and tailor the training to your individual needs and work background to allow for an immediate start.
This role would ideally suit someone who wants to do ‘flexible stay care placements’ usually a minimum of two weeks in a client’s home with regular breaks of two hours provided during each working day.
At Abicare we pride ourselves on offering the best rates and comprehensive benefits scheme:
- Daily rates of £75-£91 per day/or up to £2,600 per 4 weeks placement
- Refer a friend bonus £200
- We will pay you to attend our 3-day training course and reimburse the cost of travel and accommodation up to £200
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- Free Care Certificate qualification
- Food provided whilst living with the client
- Travel expenses reimbursed when travelling to client’s home
- Sick pay and company pension scheme
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro rata)
- 24/7 on call emergency support network
- Regular team meetings and social events
- Discounted online and retail shopping
- The choice to be paid on a weekly or monthly basis
We are looking for
- At least 6 months previous care experience either as a Live-In Carer or in a domiciliary care setting
- Experience in Moving & Handling and the use of hoists
- A solid understanding of what good care looks like
- Healthcare assistants who will be naturally kind and caring, wanting to make a difference to our client’s lives
- Strong written and communication skills
- Individuals that can work remotely and largely unsupervised
- A calm attitude and the ability to think logically when under pressure
- The ability to prepare simple meals, follow good standards of hygiene and adapt meals to your client's dietary needs
Contact us today to find out how you can be part of the ABICARE team!
At Abicare we have been quick to adapt to the Covid19 crisis from offering online training to issuing new safety policies and a strong supply of PPE, the safety of our Carers and our Clients is paramount to us.
Sign up to receive our blogs!
Enter your email below to receive our blog articles and keep up to date with us and what’s going on