As an experienced care provider we know the kind of person who will work well with us; and the answer is…most people will! The most basic requirement is that you must want to care for people, but there are a few others. Have a look at the table below!
- No formal qualifications required.
- Willingness to start the Common Inductions Standards & work towards Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- NVQ 2/Diploma level 2 in Care or similar care qualification.
- Medication, Moving & Handling training completed.
- Food Hygiene Certificate.
- An understanding of care provision.
- Prior experience of working in adult social care, especially domiciliary care or
- Voluntary care experience or
- Caring for a relative
Skills & attributes
- Excellent communication skills – to liaise with clients and social workers.
- Able to work alone & as part of a team when required.
- Able to demonstrate empathy and a caring nature.
- The ability to be patient when under pressure.
- Ability to cope and adapt to change.
- Written skills -Able to complete care documentation accurately.
- Able to cope with emergency situations when they arise.
- Experience of completing care records, risk assessments using the appropriate language.
Physical Abilities & Skills
- To be willing to learn how to operate hoists and equipment to assist clients in moving and transferring.
- Experience in Moving & Handling using hoists and other aids to assist the movement and transfer of clients.
- If using your car – you must have valid driving licence & business insurance.
- Walking routes limited, but available.
- Ability to prepare simple meals.
If you see yourself in that table, go to the next few pages, select a job and apply! Your new career is on its way!